Friday 20 January 2012

First Aid Beauty Skincare - Reviewed!

I first heard about this brand when I got a sample of the cleanser in my December Glossybox, after using it for a few days I knew I had to get the full size because I enjoyed it that much. So after using a few products by them for a couple of weeks now I thought I would do a review on them. 

The main theme of their products is that they have no parabens, harsh chemicals or colorants in them and that they are safe to use on sensitive skin. This really appealled to me with having acne prone skin I don't like to use strong products on my face because they break me out.
 The consistancy of this cleanser is really nice, it's a cream/gel formula and leaves a thin white film when applying to the face. It washes off very easily and doesn't leave the skin feeling tight or dry. I use it first thing in the morning and it removes all dirt on my face and really helps to wake me up in the morning because it makes my skin feels so fresh and clean. You also don't need alot to cover your whole face which means this tube is going to last really well. I've been using it for a while and it hasn't irritated my skin at all or made me breakout. I have nothing bad to say about this product becuase it is the perfect everyday gentle cleanser.

I decided to try this after loving the cleanser and hearing great reviews about it. This is a really light moisturiser which is perfect for me since I have oily skin but even though it is light it does moisturise my skin all day. Again like the cleanser I find that I don't need to use a lot to cover my whole face and it leaves my skin feeling matte which is perfect. I use this in the morning underneath my make-up and my skin doesn't feel cacky or like I have too much product when i'm wearing it. This hasn't irritated my skin or broke me out if anything it has improved the texture of my skin. 
The finally thing I got as a free gift for ordering two products and it's the Detox Eye Roller which retails for £18.00 for 8.5ml
Now i've never tried a product like this before and I've never really found that they do anything for me and this is no different. It claims to help alleviate undereye puffiness, dark circles and fine lines. It is a clear gel liquid and it feels nice and cooling under the eye which does help to wake you up and for that I think it would be great for using on a plane or hot day. I don't suffer from terrible dark circles so I didn't see much improvement there but this might be different for someone else. All in all it's a nice product but didn't really do anything for me. I would say

I really do love this range, I think their products are perfect if you breakout a lot and want some neutral products to use that won't irritate your skin. I adore the packaging I think it looks so cute and simple. They're are not the cheapest of products but as I said you don't need to use a lot and the qualitity is great so you definitely get your money's worth. 
First Aid Beauty products are available in Boots but I found them cheaper on Feel Unique and you can still get the Eye Roller free if you order two products.




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments, I always read them and try to answer any questions. Blogger does not notify you when I reply so you can always tweet me @HelenRamblesOn :)